Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Ball and Chain

So the day after Halloween, I ended up spending some time at the Halloween and costume stores soaking up the discounts. At one of the stores in Minnetonka, I came across this ball and chain. I thought it would be fun/funny to put it to use and take a portrait of a couple with the ball and chain around my male models ankle. I also wanted to go a little retro on this photo and give it an older feel. To do this, I went out and got the proper wardrobe for the shoot.

I used three profoto lights for this shot. I had a medium size softbox camera right and half power, and then a I had another soft box camera left on a quarter power. I had my third light shinning on the background with a 10in grid on it to show a little depth between the models and background.

The dog was an accident. Izzy, my puppy, got a little attention hungry and walked over and sat like that, like she wanted some shots for her portfolio. Crazy dog, haha. Anyways, this is what turned out, so I hope you enjoy!

I have three variations of this session. I'll probably get the other 2 shots up here soon as well.

No comments: