Monday, January 10, 2011

A Day with Madi!

This past Sunday, I went out with my cousin, Madi, to do some test shots. I wanted to get some shots that I could come back to in post and really mess around with textures. I have always loved using textures in my photographs, and it was something I did a lot of when photographing musicians/bands, so, I thought it would be fun to incorporate that element of post production in with a more lifestyle type photo shoot. Anyway, I'm kind of diggin' on how the images turned out. I have also attached another photo to this blog from a different shoot I did this past summer with the same type of post production that I used on the shots of Madi. To me, the texture really gives the images more of a nostalgic feel, and, well, I like that. It's almost like looking through your grandparent's old postcards or maps. They're all great memories, and for the most part, that's just what pictures are: memories.
www.micahkvidt.com






No comments: