Monday, November 22, 2010

L*Spade

This past Sunday I had a photo shoot with local South Floridian Hip Hop artist L Spade. I had such a blast with this shoot. The photo shoot took place at Eddie Figueroa's studio (Dreamstreams Inc.), which is sick to say the least, and I was really excited about the shots we got. We started out doing a basic "Hi Key" studio shoot to get some nice portrait shots, but it led to more and more. We ended up wrapping our shoot up in the recording studio were we decided to throw my lights behind L Spade and make a time lapse of him rapping into the mic. It got SOOO Hot in there with the lights going off. I think the time lapse that you see below consisted of 400+ shots in about a 5-10 mins span. None of us could see when we where done besides purple dots everywhere...at least that was the case for me.
Anyway, below is the time lapse video from our shoot, and five of the edits. Cant wait to get more from this shoot done! L Spade should be back in the studio soon to lay down his vocals over the track played on the time lapse. Once completed I'm sure I'll update the time lapse--I just got to excited to wait.
Hope you all enjoy the work!
http://www.micahkvidt.com






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Micah. Lovely photography. Would you mind sharing what camera do you use to shoot those? (You probably use a lot of them, I mean, being a pro)

Micah Kvidt said...

Hey, thanks, glad you like the pictures! For this shoot I used my canon 5D and my profoto D1 air lights