Thursday, May 27, 2010

Moon Rise

Tonight was a full moon, and I have never in my life seen a full moon like the one I saw tonight!!! Watching the moon rise up over the ocean is just AMAZING (even if it was a little cloudy)! It is enormous, and looks like a ball of fire rising up from the horizon. We got to the beach at sunset, and once the sun finally set and it got dark, the moon came up from the horizon bigger and brighter than I have ever saw in my life.
Living in Minnesota, prior to Florida, we saw the full moon come up, but it was always blocked by trees and other things in the way, and you really never saw it until it was pretty high up. Here in Florida, it was just unreal! Below is a photograph of the moon I made tonight. I was pretty excited about this one! Nature at it's finest.

No comments: