Thursday, September 3, 2009

Experimentation Work

So I stepped out of my boundaries a tad on this photograph. I was requested to do a nude, or implied nude shot and had no ideas where to start. I have never shot nudes, and it's not something I ever thought I would do. However, luckily, I have good friends that are always willing to help. It made for a lot less awkwardness working with nude models.

I origanlly wanted to shoot this exact same pose in a old style drive up motel. I was thinking dark ambient light with some sort of a green light overcast. Its hard to explain, but it's also completely different then what I got. It ended up being a lil more classy. I still wanted to at least keep somewhat of a narative to the image.

It was getting pretty late, and the sun started setting sooner then expected. So, I placed large soft boxes with CTO gels outside shining through the window and the door. Then, I place another light with a 10 inch grid and CTO gel at the foot of the bed facing my models. This way it had more of an early morning feel.

So yeah, different then my original plan, but I think it'll still work.



No comments: