Thursday, September 3, 2009

Ritz Theater

My Location class headed over to Ritz Theater over in North East Minneapolis today to do an "In Class" assingment. I wanted to involve an element of humor to this shot to keep these in class assigmnets some what intresting. So, we did The old suprise in the pop corn bucket trick. ;) ;) it was pretty fun.

We had a couple challenges that we had to deal with while shooting there. Unfortunately, they only had the main house lights on for us and not the theater style lighting, it was gross. So to make up for their lighting, I constructed my own. In front of my subjects I placed a large strip box facing them horizontally. Inside I placed a CTO gel and white balanced to that. The reason I did that was so I was able to place a light behind my subjects with a 10 inch grid on it, and it gave a blue cast to make it look as though it was the light coming from a movie projector. Thus creating somewhat more of a movie theater feel without it actually playing a film at the time.

4 comments:

tupa07 said...

I love it!

April Wiser said...

Ã…wesommmme

Hannah Wallace said...

I love it micah! hilar!!

KrisyPoopy said...

This turned out very nice for you my friend, awesome job!