Saturday, June 27, 2009

Day 5



Today started out slow, but ended up being a pretty fun experience. I really stepped out of my boundaries and really enjoyed some new things. I was asked to tag along with a fellow student to help assist him with his project. We got to go to one of the fire stations in St. Bernard Parish, and hang out and photograph them, which I must say, Nick got some pretty amazing shots. click on his link on my page to check them out. Hopefully he posts them soon.

The first thing we did when we got there was eat. Nick told me ahead of time that they would be cooking for us, and it was going to be boiled shrimp. I was like...Crap! I hate shrimp, however, I later found out that it's only non-fresh-Minnesota-shrimp that I don't like. It was the most amazing meal yet! The firefighters cooked about 30 pounds of fresh shrimp, potatoes, sausages, corn cobs, and a bunch more and through it all into a bucket and boiled it. It was spicy and amazing; full of flavor. I was scared to try the shrimp at first because it came head and all. They had to show me how to tear of the head, then tear the shell, then slide the meat out; it was pretty insane, but tasted amazing! Who would have thought? We also got to go with on a call, which was kind of exciting to see. It wasn't anything too serious though, which was good. A Man was just having trouble breathing.

After his shoot was up, we headed back into town to work on my stuff. We knew the band I shot last Wed at Fritzel's Bar was playing again, so we had to check them out. Amazing musicians and we all had a blast! I posted a couple more pictures of them below, as well as one image from one of the cemeteries we visited earlier today.

Tomorrow we head out to St. Louis Bay early in the morning, so I'm going to head to bead and catch some shut eye. Catch you all later!






No comments: