Sunday, June 28, 2009

Day 7

We are now less than 48 hrs. away from leaving New Orleans and coming home. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little excited. All though it has been fun, I'm anxious to get home and see some familiar faces and places.

Today, I took a well needed day off. Plus, Sundays aren't the busiest days in New Orleans for music. I woke up at 12 and didn't leave the hotel until about 8 p.m.. Mostly because of my sun burn. It is the worst sun burn that I can remember. I wanted to wait until the sun went down before I would even think about stepping out in this southern heat. So around 8, a friend of mine and I headed out down Bourbon St. to see what was up. There was nothing. If you ever want to see Bourbon St. completely dead, go on a Sunday night. I think I will have to see what tomorrow brings, and hopefully I can shoot again. However, we did manage to make it down to our favorite club in N.O., Fritzel's Bar, for a Coke and some good tunes.

I was a little curious tonight because on their website it said the Kotton Mouth Kings were playing tonight. I wouldn't have guess that a band like that would ever place at such a small venue, especially one that prides themselves on strictly only playing traditional New Orleans jazz. But when we got there, it was a jazz band that lost one of their members so they renamed themselves Kotton Mouth Kings. I wonder how long that name will be able to last.

Its another early night, but tomorrow I plan on shooting again and hope to take some photos of the bands outside of their performance. I'll cross my fingers for now.

No comments: