Saturday, June 27, 2009

Day 6



Where do I begin? Well, at 9:00 AM we got up a drove to Bay St. Louis, Missouri and hung out at the beach on the Gulf of Mexico. It was fun to get away from our projects a bit, but I think we were gone for too long. Everyone, including me, got more red than the best looking apples at your local grocery store. I am writing this blog in pure pain, and am not too excited about it. I can't wait to see how I feel in the morning. Shower? probably not.

After we got back, we were all unmotivated to do anything. It hurt to even go outside, even when we were covered up. The heat was way too much on our sun burns. But, I wanted to try and make it to the Palm Court Cafe on Decatur St. tonight to try and photograph a trumpet player named Lionel Ferbos that I heard a lot of really good things about. I was really excited all week to photograph him because he would have fit perfectly in my project but unfortunately enough for me, the 97 year old trumpet player told me that the only way I could photograph him was if there was money involved. That statement to me seemed like it came out of left field. I was kind of shocked to get that response. I think I should just stick with Fritzel's Bar. They seemed to have the best traditional music, environment, and people by far in the entire city. Much thanks goes out to the Fritzel's Band and Bar staff for their generosity. I would strongly suggest, if you ever visit New Orleans, Fritzel's Bar on Bourbon Street is the place to be; Hands down.

We then decided to leave the cafe and bring my backpack back to the hotel so I didn't have to carry it around all night on sunburnt shoulders and back. We were only out for about a couple of hours, but then headed back to the hotel for the fact that the sun took everything out of us today. Sorry I don't have any images to post. It was just one of those days I guess. But without the bad, you don't get the good. Hope tomorrow goes better, but for how bad I got sunburnt, I think I want to stay inside all day. Minnesota, I miss you. See you all soon.

No comments: